The long weekend is officially over as well as our little adventure. Somehow every year we try to do a lot of activities during these days, but we end up having a lack of time to plan everything. This time was not an exception. So when we couldn’t find any good flights to Mexico and all good hotels were booked in New Orleans, we decided to go on a road trip. If you live in Austin, you know that you won’t make it driving to New York or Chicago in one weekend. Long story short, it was decided to spend two days in Houston. It is perfect for a road trip since it’s only 3 hours drive from Austin, its attractions will keep you busy and the city itself is unique.
It was not our first visit, but we just found out that:
1)Houston is the fourth most populous city in the nation.
2) Houston is called Space City.
3) Houston is the most racially and ethnically diverse large metropolitan areas in the U.S.
4) Houston hosts world’s largest concentration healthcare organization, with scientists working hard to beat cancer.
5) More than 145 languages are spoken in Houston.
While in Houston we:
1) faced constant “GPS fights” (iPhone vs car vs our own thoughts);
2) had a lot of fun visiting Houston attractions (Space Center is still my favorite);
3) explored the city and tried delicious food.
If you plan to visit Houston:
– Purchase Houston CityPASS here: it will save you a lot of time and money.
– Don’t forget to use sunscreen and drink a lot of water, it’s getting really hot and humid. 😉
– Have some patience for the traffic, it’s worth it 😉