Hello everyone! Today I am finally sharing our trip to Berlin. As you may know, Germany was a country from my husband’s bucket list, so after spending 5 magical days in Rome, we took a plane to another adventure.
So, if you are planning a trip to Berlin, here are 10 things for ultimate Berlin experience:
1) Not only Berlin offers delicious traditional German food like Pork Knuckle, and Pretzels, it has the best vegan food I have ever tried.
2) If you buy the day ticket for public transport, it will save you some time and money; and don’t forget to validate it before the first use.
3) Talk to people around you, especially locals – it’s a great way to learn more about Berlin and listen to amazing stories from those who truly admire their city.
4) Don’t speak German? No problem at all. Surprisingly to me, we haven’t met a single person who wouldn’t speak English.
5) Make a list of the things you want to see in Berlin but book the visit to Reichstag Building in advance.
6) Keep in mind that shops, department stores, and shopping malls are closed on Sundays. However, there are many restaurants and small food shops that you visit if you go to the center of Berlin.
7) Visit Flea Market at Mauerpark on Sunday: most people come there to shop, as well as eat and drink from the food trucks.
8) Try the food from Street Food Markets and Food Trucks: visit Thai Park on the weekend and enjoy German beer at Prater Beer Garden.
9) Go to Charlottenburg Palace – Berlin’s largest palace with a beautiful garden surrounded by woodland.
10) Spend a day biking around the city: you can download a global bike rental service app called “Donkey Republic” or go to any bike rental shop next to you for a cheaper rate.
Thanks for stopping by!